Please talk to me

After hours of surfing through new and old friend's blogs, and after reading much more interesting stuff than just captions under super cute photos of kids, I was inspired to create a blog of my own just for sharing thoughts and to have dialouge with the outside world.....those of you who think about more than Barney, Thomas the Train and PB&J. I would love it if I started a trend among my many photo sharing mom friends (not that I don't LOVE the pics), I know you guys could use a little straight from the heart (or brian...., no that's my husband....see, it barely works anymore!....BRAIN). For what it's worth.......

Saturday, May 12, 2007

Well, it's almost midnight but here I am in my only free time of the day making a effort to address a dire need in my life right now......connectedness. It's seems so ironic to think that my best hope of achieving this would be through my laptop but such is the world we live in. It's a sad reality but I rarely ever have the chance to process let alone articulate the deep things going on inside me. I no longer have the luxury of hours alone at a coffe shop waiting for God to come and help me sift through and make sense of my thoughts and feelings. I miss those days but I have come to terms with the fact that they are gone and may not return until the age of retirement. But, that is not necessarily a bad thing. I have learned so much from this season of life already. It's just that the learning looks a lot different from the incubated accelerated version that was college. I live in the real world now, a world that is so very different from anything I have known. A world of small town farmers, farm workers and their families....with little place to go to find spiritual or intelectual connection. Even as I write I struggle because I would so much rather have connectedness with actual human faces in a physical place WHERE I LIVE rather than with screen names in cyber-space. But, until then, this is my best option for regular, any-time-of-the-day-like-with-college-roomates kind of interaction. Here's to it.

3 comments:

Shiloh and Samantha Sorbello said...

Hi Erica,

Just so you know... I read your blog. Nice talk. :)

Shiloh

Carly said...

I very much understand how you feel. And just as I am getting my spiritual /intellectual life together and have found decent chunks of time to call my own, I am about to start the maddness all over again and bring a newborn into my life. I look forward to reading your heart and perhaps I will start my own blog too :)

Love to you. -Carly

Jenny Schlenker said...

Erica- I have always been encouraged by your thought life. It is so vital that our thoughts are full. A.W. Tozer says in Atributes of God, " Behind all previous matter, all life, all law, all space and all time, there is God. God gives human life its only significance; there isn't any other part from him, If you take the concept of God our of the human mind there is no other reason for being among the living. We are, as Tennyson said, like "sheep or goats / That nourish a blind life within the brain" And we might as well die as sheep unless we have God in our thoughts"

I read this several years ago and it has always stuck with me. ~Blessings